- Keep your workouts short and intense, try to complete them within one hour.
- Train frequently and consistantly, 4 - 6 times per week.
- Do weight training before aerobic exercise, or do aerobics on your days off weight
- Always start with a light weight and work up to the heavy weights.
- Squeeze and flex your muscles between sets, especially right after a set.
- Stretch lightly between sets.
- Sip a carbohydrate drink during the workout and right after, if possible, eat carbs
- Take a protein shake or eat a high protein meal within 1 hour after training.
- If possible, train with an enthusiastic partner.